Our Fresh Start Healthy Heart challenge kicks off this coming Monday, February 5th! And it's not too late to sign up! Our 4 week challenges always include:
- Individual Metabolic Assessment by CCN team
- 2 week Cleanse meal plan with 4 days of transitioning certain foods back in
- 1 week meal plan based on individual caloric needs
- 1 week quick and flexible meal plan
- Food exchange list & other important references
- Grocery shopping list & meal prep guide
- Weekly e-mail check ins
- Food and exercise logs
- NEW workouts!
- Overall wellness, tips & activities
- Facebook online group support & accountability
- One month of expert nutrition guidance
BONUS for the Fresh Start Healthy Heart Challenge:
- Expert financial budgeting strategies
- Kindness calendar in line with the month of LOVE
If you're still on the fence, here's a recipe from the challenge. Because good food should taste good! Sign up for the challenge HERE.
Pepper Kale Egg Bake
5 ounces baby kale greens or chopped kale leaves
1-2 teaspoons avocado oil
½ cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s (or another salt/preservative-free spice blend)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
*Option to add a scoop of clean salsa for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x9 baking dish with avocado or coconut oil spray. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the kale all at once, and stir just until the kale is wilted, about 1 minute for baby kale or 2-3 minutes for chopped kale. Transfer the kale to the casserole dish, spreading it around so all the bottom of the dish is covered. Layer the nutritional yeast, green onions, and bell peppers on top of the kale.
Beat the eggs with 21 Seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the kale combination, and then use a fork to gently "stir" so the eggs, kale, and yeast are evenly combined. Bake about 30-35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown. Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting.